Thursday, April 7, 2016

Vaughn Jeffrey Wagstaff


He's here! Vaughn Jeffrey has arrived. 8 lbs 6 oz. 20 inches long. Mom and baby are doing fantastic. Smoothest delivery of all the babies. Looks more like Marianne than Spencer and Juliette.


Well I scheduled to be induced for the morning of Tuesday February 16th. And prayed all day Monday that Vaughn wouldn't be born on Marianne's birthday. I am pretty sure he would have been otherwise.
That morning I was supposed to go in at 6:15am so we got up showered and called in but they told us to go back to bed and come in at 8am because they had had some emergencies and were full.

Around seven Naomi started to have contractions and they got more frequent. Grandma had spent the night before and everyone was ready. So it was perfect when we had to leave for the hospital actually in Labor. 

We got there and Naomi got dressed. I was at a 4, who hoo. We asked for an epidural. We had to wait about 30 min and he came right in. Unfortunately Devin got a little queasy thinking about that giant needle and had to lay down. So the cute nurse came and stood next to Naomi. But a few minutes later Naomi was completely numb and felt wonderful.

Devin and I got to just enjoy the morning for a while playing games and watching TV for a few hours. The doctor came in at 10 and checked me and said I was still at a 4. So he broke my water and they gave me a shot of pitocin. 

At 12:30 he came back to check me and the doctor said "Alright, don't laugh, don't sneeze, don't move, I'm going to gown up and this baby is going to come out." I had moved from a 4 to a 10 in 2 hours and hadn't felt a thing! Rock on. 
After 2 sets of pushes he was born at 12:53pm. On Saturday February 16th. 


Vaughn Jeffrey, Vaughn is a name that Devin came up with, he had a teacher in High School named Vaughn, ironically Von Miller from the Broncos won the super bowl just a few days earlier. 
Jeffrey is of course after Naomi's wonderful Dad. He has a special heritage to live up too!



 In this picture we think he looks just like Marianne
 He looks blue here, but his apgar test was an 8, and a 9
 After a nice bath


 Aunt Katie and Sam came and saw us at the hospital, I love the cute forehead wrinkles.


The kids could not come to the hospital because they were sort of sick. So this is the first time they saw him at home.



 All four of my cute kids!



 Juliette loves to hold him!
 So little! Day 3 Nana came to be with us today and Grandma went home to rest.

 Big yawns

 Mommy and Vaughn home from church
 Wearing his boxing gloves.
 after taking a  bath
 So wonderful and sweet.
Aubrey Chauvez made this amazing cake for us, so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wagstaff Family

Wagstaff Family
Work Hard, Play Hard, Pray Hard